Friday 28 March 2008

Rather Dull

Today for my tea I had baked beans and pancakes. I did not have these together, I ate the baked beans while I was cooking the pancakes. Also while I was cooking the pancakes Delilah by Tom Jones came on the radio, I turned it up loud and danced and sang a lot to it. As I made the pancakes I put them in a tray in the oven that was slightly turned on to keep them warm until I was ready to eat them. To eat each pancake I put the filling in and then rolled it up and then picked it up with my fingers and ate it all up. That is all with the exception of numbers 4 and 5 which I rolled up and then ate with a spoon.

This is what I had on my pancakes:

1. Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup. I really quite like Peanut Butter, and I am learning to like Maple Syrup. Together on a pancake they made a great combination. I would give this filling 7.8 out of 9.
2. Not Just Any Lemon Curd and Bog Standard Plain Yogurt. This was proper gorgeous. At this moment I thought things could not get better. If I had rated it at that exact moment I would've given it a 9 out of 9. In retrospect I think it should have a 8.6 out of 9.
3. Strawberry Jam and Plain Yogurt. This was even better than number 2. As I ate number 2 I thought nothing could be better than it, but this little number proved me wrong. I got no lumps in the jam, I think if there had've been a big lump it might have very rather spoiled it. This one received a top score of 8.9 out of 9.
4. Lemon Juice (fresh from the lemon) and Soft Brown Sugar (fairly traded). This was as tasty as any pancakeswith fresh lemon juice and soft brown sugar, proper tasty and all that. I give a score of 8.5 out of 9.
5. Same filling as number 4. This time with a rating of 8.4 out of 9 because the pancake was a little bit cooler.
6. Not Just Any Lemon Curd, Strawberry Jam and Plain Yogurt. I had no more new fillings to try at this point, so I thought back through the other fillings I had just had, and decided to combine the two best ones. For the first two and a half bites I thought that maybe I had made a big mistake, but for the rest of the culinary delight, I realised that no mistake had been made, but instead I had made a Thing of Great Delight. I ate it all up. I give this one a tip top score of 9 out of 9.

As I was eating these pancakes I had Hollyoaks on. It was either a bit of a dull episode or the pancakes were very good, because I can't really remember what happened in it.

If you have read all of that and found it Rather Dull I have no sympathy, the clue was in the entry title.

No comments: