Wednesday 14 January 2009

Thank you's and surprises.

Before Christmas in the lunch clubs we run we were thinking about being thankful. As part of this the children were making a thank you card to give to someone who had done something for them, or been a great friend, or such like. Several times children said to me 'can I write mine to Father Christmas to say thank you for my presents.' Every time I was asked that question I had to stop myself just before I answered, because the answer I was about to give without thinking was 'No, we are make these cards to send to real people.'

In my dreams last night Gareth and Hayley broke into my flat because they thought it would be a nice surprise if they came and visited me without telling me. And they thought the surprise would be even better if they were already in my flat before I got home. So when I got home and saw I had been broken into I ventured inside to find the intruders were Gareth and Hayley. Gareth made the surprise even bigger by hiding behind a door and jumping out at me. Hayley added to the surprise by having tea cooked ready for when I got home.

No comments: