Monday 26 March 2007

I'll see you when we get there.

Tonight has been my hardest night of lent. I have given up watching soaps (and day time TV) for the period of lent. On a normal Monday evening when I am having a night in (doesn't seem to happen much at the mo) I would watch Neighbours, get tea ready, watch Hollyoaks followed by Emmerdale, followed by Corrie, followed by Eastenders, then back over to channel 3 for second Corrie of the evening. This would take me from half five through to 9. And would be generally fairly enjoyable. However this evening I can't do this. Paul kindly unplugged my TV and turned it to face the wall so that if I started to get tempted to turn it on I would think twice, and I'm glad he has. I can't go downstairs at the mo in case I get a bit tempted to turn the TV on. I know some of you will be thinking 'but there are other things on the TV', well yes there are, but this evening they are rubbish, so if I turn the TV on to watch them I will undoubtedly end up flicking over to a soap. It is strange, until now I've not really missed watching them, and yet I could waste hours watching them! So now I am working out what else to do with my evening. I have done unloading and reloading the dishwasher. I have done emailing some people saying gissa job. I have done tipping water all over Gareth. I have nearly done blogging. I need to do putting clean washing away and putting dirty washing on. I might do exercise biking (although my legs do ache a bit at the mo). I think I might write to a friend, it will be a bit novel to put pen to paper. I want to try and read more of the book I currently reading coz it's at a really interesting part now. Oh and I am currently doing listening to Humphery Littleton and weird jazz at the moment. It is strange though, having said how I miss soaps this evening, I am thinking of giving them up for longer. I think this is because generally I haven't missed them that much, and I know how much time I waste watching them. Ho Hum.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I haven't given up soaps for lent but I haven't watched them as I work full time at the moment for the first time in my life and I don't like it as it means I get home after the soaps I like have finished. (one nice long sentance!)