Saturday 9 May 2009

The most unpleasant experience of my week.

The other evening I went to see a friend to take my spare key back to them. I had had to use the spare key when I left my not-spare key at work. I find it best to take it back to them so that the next time I lose my not-spare key I can still get into my flat. As I was walking back to my flat I rang Paul. We were having a lovely little chat when I heard something make a big bang or pop kind of noise. I looked around and saw a lot of feathers and a pigeon kind of fly up into the air. The pigeon made it across the verge and onto the pavement, where it kind of lolloped around before stopping moving. 'Paul,' I said, 'I have just seen a pigeon get hit by a car.' 'Is that what that big bang kind of noise was,' he says. 'Yes', I said. And then I stood by the road for a bit not knowing what to do, and feeling quite sick. Paul kept on talking to me, and I carried on on my way home. I don't think I want that to happen again soon please thank you.

No comments: