Wednesday 27 August 2008

Greenbelt

Over the weekend I went to Greenbelt. Normally you would stay in a tent at Greenbelt, but I have a friend who lives about a mile from where Greenbelt happens, so I stayed at hers. This turned out to be quite a good thing. The weather was a bit wet and windy and cold, especially at night time, the walk from tent to main bit of Greenbelt was a little way, and there were no showers and only port-a-loos. All very good reasons to be grateful for house staying in.

Here are some of my favourites bits of Greenbelt.
- Seeing friends I don't see very often.
- Watching a deaf dance group from Tanzania
- Woebegone Brothers. Three brothers, all very musically talented, amusing, good time.
- Brian Houston. Absolutely brilliant. Really funny, great songs, brilliant performer. Fightstar were meant to play after him, but they were late so Brian marvelously extended his set and filled in.
- African jazz band.
- Bumping into people I didn't know would be there.
- Pie Minster. Best. Pie. Ever.
- Beer and Hymns.

No comments: