Monday 11 February 2008

Today

Today the laminator broke,
Just when I needed it the most.
Why do things go and do that,
I just don't understand,
why the thing that need most of all,
goes and crumbles in your hand.

Today I needed something,
and it hadn't yet been done.
Why is it that some people think
That I need this done by then
means 'do it when you feel like it'
not 'get this done by ten.'

Today I watched a well poor film,
it promised to be good.
Why is that the film reviews
don't match just what I see,
A lot of my time could be saved
If people got things right for me.

Today I had to play part,
It was a first for me.
Why is that this particular one
made me shake like never before,
Throughout the nerves I could lose
Yet I finished wanting more.

Today I got some feedback
on a piece of work I'd done.
Why is that when people say nice things,
and the things are aimed at me,
They make me squirm and wriggle,
I cannot take them gracefully.

Today I realised anew,
That me is a good place to be.
Why can't I know this all time,
Why does it not always feel true,
Why can't I forever love the skin I'm in,
Why do I let myself feel blue.

Today the sun shone down on me
And brightened up my life.
Amidst the things that weren't so good,
the trouble and the strife,
I knew that life was not so bad,
I knew my friends loved me.
I knew that I would always live
And love them gratefully.

No comments: