Thursday 7 February 2008

Here is a silly thing I did

Today I cooked some sausage rolls ready for my lunch tomorrow. I got them out of the oven, put them on top of the oven, got my spatular, loosened them and left them to cool. All week I have been craving egg mayo. I decided that a great accompnaint to my sausages rolls would be an egg mayo sandwich. I put the egg in some water in a pan, put it on the cooker, turn the hob plate thingy on, walk out of the kitchen, shut the door (it's a very cold room so I try to keep the cold in it).

I went to go and do some faffing about on my puter box. After a while I realise there is a strange smell coming from the kitchen, but put it down to the fact that the pan with the egg in is on a hob platey thing that is larger than the pan, and the smell must be whatever crud is on the hob platey thing burning off.

When I've done on the puter box, I go into the kitchen to check on the progress of the boiling egg. As I walk into the kitchen I realise that something is not right. I come to this realisation by the fact that my kitchen is filled with smoke, and that it smells quite awful. I go to the cooker to see what is up. The tray with the sausage rolls on is smoking yay verily. The spatular that was sat on the tray is exceptionally melted, and somking more than the tray. The sausage rolls are blackening from the bottom up. It turns out that what I did was not turn on the hob platey thing under the egg in water in a pan, but actually turn on the hob platey thing that the tray with sausages rolls for tomorrows lunch and the spatular was sat on.

This was a silly thing I did.

No comments: