Saturday 3 November 2007

Last weekend

Last weekend was when I was at Dad's, and the brothers were there too. One exciting thing that happened was that me, brothers and cousin went to watch the mighty Ipswich Town. We used to have season tickets in the rather sedate Britannia Stand. The boys moved this season to the North Stand. This is where people do standing and singing throughout the game. I was a little bit worried about this as the place I have mostly watched football from was the sitting quietly and nicely Britannia. But Gareth, Paul and Steve promised me that it would be ok, that it would be just like watching an away game in standing and noise terms (which I quite enjoy) and that they would look after me. I did actually really enjoy it very much. The Town did winning by three goals to nil, and did some fairly good playing. Our keeper saved a penalty early on in the game. We sang one of my favourite Town songs (Edward Ebeneezer Jeremiah Brown for those of you that are interested). Paul did some amusing shouting (if you are going to hear what it was it will have to be from Gareth or Paul because they write things funnily, unlike my boring recounts). I enjoyed a nice half time pint. The toilets were quite pleasant. Ray gave us some Fruit Pastilles to share. This weekend we play the scum at their place. They are having a shockingly awful season.

After the game I had some lovely soup and dumplings, and then learnt how to make boxes out of old greetings cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I count as a brother?! WHOOP!

Ruth, you do write things funnily, you don't just have to leave things to me and the paul-piece

more regular blogs about stuff from you ruth please...yes! especially ones that name check me and ray!

Ruthie said...

You know you count as a brother.

ah but you and the shawn headed one say things much more funnily a lot more of the time. I only ever manage titter levels of funnyness occasionally.

I am trying more blogs. Sometimes my brain doesn't write them though.