Friday 14 September 2007

Sellotape and String

Last night I was commissioned for my new role. We sung a song. I had to make some promises, the people there promised to support me, and we said a prayer. Then the ministers from the supporting churches came and said nice things to me, and gave me good advice and useful pieces of scripture. Then people did praying for me and the volunteer team and the work. And then people did the whole laying on of hands things. This was OK because there was no one with really sweaty hands, and no one who shook me as they prayed. Then we sang a song. I couldn't really sing it properly. That was because the song was Come on and Celebrate. We used to replace 'celebrate' in this song with 'sellotape' and 'sing' with 'string'. The day before I had been talking to someone about this. That person was there and we caught each others eye as the words went up on the screen. This made me want to do a giggle, and then I couldn't sing the song properly.

The songs that were chosen were chosen in a very interesting way. We sang the songs that the guitarist could play, and that the words were on OHT for. Strangely enough the songs were still kinda fitting.

On Sunday I will go to another new church. I'm not finding this nearly as daunting or hard as I thought I would. I am finding not pubbing afterward an evening service a bit tricky though coz I miss the good company that can be found there (not that all of it is good you understand, just a select few.)

No comments: