Saturday 7 April 2007

This is me at the moment.

Hold me close and go away
Please visit me and please don't stay
Talk to me but please don't speak
I need you NOW - come back next week.

Emotions muddled, needs unknown
To be with others or on my own?
To scream out loud? To rant and shout?
Or hide away and push you out?

I smile at you - 'She's not that bad'
I shout at you - 'She's going mad'
I speak to you - 'What do I say?'
I show my tears - 'Quick walk away'

It's not catching, the grief I feel
I can't pretend that it's not real
I carry on as best I know
But this pain inside just won't go.

So true friends, please, accept the lot
I shout, I cry, I lose the plot
I don't know what I need today
So hold me close and go away.

4 comments:

the real Phil Brown said...

good pome

Anonymous said...

Man, thats a beautiful poem ruth, says it all...wish i was poetic enough to say how i feel like that

Anonymous said...

I have read that somewhere before, is it someone like spike milligan or something?

lots of love,

Paul

Ruthie said...

I'm not sure who wrote it, I just found it and was very able to identify with it.