Monday 7 May 2007

My weekend

I had a lovely weekend. I got to catch up with all people I hadn't seen since before Christmas. I spent some lovely time with my friends children. They are the closest thing I have to having my own children, and so it is always lovely to see them and get to play games with them, read to them, play silly word games with them, watch TV with them, get them their tea, laugh with them, get them ready in the morning, tell them off, have them come in to say hi to me in the morning, wake up to hear them playing etc. Very very lovely.

I also got to catch up with a couple that became Christians just over four years ago. I was fairly involved with their journey to faith, and so whenever I catch up with them we always have quite in depth chats. God is doing some amazing stuff in their lives. It is always great to have them ask questions about the Bible and such like. They are also very caring. After speaking to them I always come away knowing God better, and having a greater understanding of how he works, his care for his people and his love for us. I really needed that this weekend.

I also went to a big 40th birthday party. It was a fun party, good to catch up with people, make some new friends, and have a little dance. I did find it quite strange though. There were lots and lots of couples there. And I really really noticed my singleness. There was an amount of pain in that. one day eh, one day.

You never know if you are really lucky, maybe one day Paul will blog. Or Gareth. Or Hayley. Or Kev. OK so pigs might fly.

No comments: